Everyone’s busy, no blog posts is always good news (unfortunately for you guys out there!). The team spirit is awesome amazing, very inspiring, it tops any project before! It’s probably a bit thanks to the kick-off workshop, but also because we have an amazing talented and well fitting team together.
Here’s production updates from my side:
- Two new workstations in!
Hewlett-Packard kindly provided two HP Z210 Workstations and two 24-inch Performance Displays. These powerful systems (xeon processors) are perfect for content development!
- Casting agent: Kemna Casting.
I’ve already had a couple of phone meetings with them, they’re going to help us with finding the right person for the roles. Good actors are crucial… they can make an audience absorb with a single eyebrow move…
- Tomorrow Ian works 2 hours with Joris on DoP stuff
- Next week we meet with www.overexposure.nl about getting their helicam (!) for filming the Oude Kerk and canal+bridge.
- Next week we also meet with a production designer to check on cooperation or an advisory role.
- City of Amsterdam should tell us now any day if we get permit for filming there!
- Filming is most likely now: May 7-8-9 in studio, May 10-11 on location. We might need some hands, extras, or just people to make sandwiches! Mark it in the agenda :) A call for help will be posted later.
- Breakdown of film: we have four main sets, with about 40 scenes, 120 shots. Expected length is 6 minutes. Probably will become 7 or so ;)
Image in this post: stolen from the render farm. Ian is doing already crazy cool animatics! Will get posted here later, promised :)