Premiere announcement, press release.
Press kit: includes title logo, 4k renders, film frames and the official poster. (250 MB)
- 2012 August 26: Amsterdam the Netherlands.
De Balie. Pre-premiere screening and party
- 2012 September 5: Cinegrid – The future with 4k, Amsterdam the Netherlands
De Zwijger. Presentation Ton Roosendaal about 4k pipeline, pre-premiere screening at festival.
- 2012 September 26: Official online premiere
The film will launch at Youtube and will be offered as HD download as well.
- 2012 September 28: USA theatrical premiere, Hollywood, USA
ASIFA Hollywood organizes a screening of BBB and Sintel, ending with the US premiere of Tears of Steel!
- 2012 October 12-14, Blender Conference, Amsterdam the Netherlands
De Balie: screening and presentations by Ian Hubert and the crew.
- 2012 October 16-19, Viewconference, Torino Italy
Official selection in Viewfest, presentations of team members
- 2012 November 14, Blender Open Movie event in European Parliament, Brussels Belgium
Screening of ToS, Sintel and BBB, presentation by Ton Roosendaal
- 2012 December 1-2, CG Event Moscow, Russian Federation
Screening and presentation by Roman Volodin
- 2013 March 14, Centre de Cultura Contemporània de Barcelona, Spain
- 2013 April 11-188, SFF-rated Athens, Greece
- 2013 April 12-17, Future Film Festival, Bologna Italy
Official selection, special Jury Mention.
- 2013 May 26, Seattle International Film Festival, USA
Official selection, premiere of 4k version
- 2013, June 4, Webcuts Festival, Berlin, Germany
Official selection, nomination
- 2013 June 13, Cinegrid Event, EyeFilm Amsterdam, Netherlands
Screening and presentation by Ton Roosendaal
- 2013 July 06, International Melzo File Festival, Melzo, Italy
4K Screening and presentation by Nicolò Zubbini and Francesco Siddi
- 2013 July 21-25, Siggraph, Anamheim USA
Screening and production panel session by Mango crew (t.b.c)
- 2013, August 30 – September 8, Nordic CC Film Festival, Stockholm, Sweden
Screening in several theaters in Scandinavia
- 2013, September 5-9, Ars Electronica, Linz Austria
Selection in “best of” competition.