Today production of the DVD box has started. We aim at squeezing everything on a 4 DVD box – which gives max 24 GB of data (minus the PAL and NTSC sections). There’s still hope we can even go back to 16 GB data even – in that case we can also sell as extra service for everyone a 16 GB USB stick! That we only know end of next week probably.
Here’s the projected contents overview:
DVD VIDEO (NTSC and PAL discs)
- Movie itself (subtitles in EN, DE, NL, FR, ES, RU, NO, IT)
- Addition credits section for our loyal sponsors
DVD ROM (2 x 8 GB + 2 x 4 GB optional)
- Movie itself in HD, compressed in several qualities/sizes.
- Movie in quad-split (or 6 split even): showing storyboards, animatic, original footage, cleaned footage, shots with preview renders, screenshots, …
- All used footage in JPEG2000 (HD)
- Selection of original footage frames (4k OpenEXR and F65 RAW)
- Press and print section: high quality renders (in 4k), backdrops, film poster
- The cleaned studio database with .blend files, textures, etc.
- Studio 1-week screencast (every artist was captured a full week)
- Tutorials about the studio data – how to use files
- How-to tutorials (how we rigged, modeled, textured, cleaned, tracked, lit, composited, graded)
- Simple blends – files that load quick without external dependencies – for demo and easy sharing.
- Final-edit .blend with sequencer edit of movie – using 1k .avi files (make your own cut)
- Various cool stuff from the blog and what else we can find!
We’ll take 3 weeks to produce this. End of month the gold master will go to the printer!